El-Rufai Accuses Gov Uba Sani of Sponsoring Political Violence in Kaduna
Nasir El-Rufai has accused his successor, Uba Sani, of sponsoring terrorism and political violence.
His claim followed weekend clashes at an opposition event attacked by armed thugs in Kaduna.
Former Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has launched a scathing attack on his successor, Governor Uba Sani, accusing him of backing acts of terrorism and political violence in the state.

In a video that surfaced over the weekend, El-Rufai described Sani, whom he referred to as his “godson,” as betraying the principles of peace and tolerance he claimed to have promoted while in office.
His remarks followed violent clashes on Saturday during the inauguration of a transition committee formed by opposition parties in Kaduna. The event, reportedly organized by the African Democratic Congress (ADC) and allied groups, descended into chaos after armed thugs stormed the venue.
Eyewitnesses said the attackers, armed with cutlasses, clubs, and stones, unleashed mayhem, leaving several participants injured and causing extensive damage to vehicles and property.
Condemning the incident, El-Rufai said, “We don’t stop people from enjoying their freedom, but unfortunately, my godson, Governor Uba Sani, whom I thought had been following my principles of peace, is the one sponsoring this kind of terrorism.”
The development adds to rising political tension in Kaduna, where opposition parties have accused the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) of intimidation and clampdown on dissenting voices. Governor Sani is yet to issue an official response to the allegation.