Africa’s richest man and Chief Government Officer (CEO) of the Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, has recognized low fertilizer utilization as the key purpose for low productiveness within the agricultural sector in Nigeria.
Dangote revealed that the non-availability of fertilizer in amount and high quality quite than affordability is the first constraint in using fertilizer within the nation at this time.
This was made identified by Dangote whereas delivering his speech on the commissioning of the $2.5 billion Dangote fertilizer plant at Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos, on Tuesday, March 22, 2022.
Dangote stated that the key goal of the fertilizer plant is to make the product accessible in enough portions and qualities for its teeming farmers and assuring larger agricultural output.
He listed the assorted actions of the Dangote Group to assist the nation realise its potential within the agricultural sector to incorporate rolling out initiatives that rework agricultural companies together with extension companies for all small and medium-scale farmers.
The Dangote Group CEO stated that the fertilizer firm additionally established a well-equipped soil testing laboratory to make sure that acceptable fertilizer blends are utilized to particular soil and all crop sorts. That is anticipated to assist enhance productiveness and improve output throughout the nation.
What the CEO of Dangote Group is saying
- Aliko Dangote stated, ‘’Agriculture accounts for about 20% of Nigeria’s GDP and the nation is a producer of assorted agricultural commodities. The sector has the potential to grow to be the most important supply of revenue for our nation, offering uncooked supplies for industries.
- ‘’Nevertheless, low fertilizer utilization has been a significant purpose for low productiveness within the sector. It’s common data that non-availability of the product in amount and high quality quite than affordability is the first constraint to make use of of fertilizer at this time.
- ‘’Our aim is to make fertilizer accessible in enough portions and qualities for our teeming farmers assuring larger agricultural output.
- ‘’To assist notice these potentials, we’re rolling out initiatives that rework agricultural companies together with extension companies for all small and medium-scale farmers.
- ‘’We now have additionally established a well-equipped soil testing laboratory to make sure that acceptable fertilizer blends are utilized to particular soil and all crop sorts. This can enhance productiveness, it should improve output throughout the nation.’’
Dangote additionally famous the fertilizer firm will companion with all the important thing stakeholders within the business together with farmers’ associations, NPK blenders, NGO growth companions and state governments throughout Nigeria who’re dedicated to a sustainable method in bettering soil high quality and farm yields.