Following a courtroom order directing the Tutorial Workers Union of Universities (ASUU) to name off its protracted strike motion, Nigerians have expressed their views in regards to the order.
Blended reactions have trailed the event on totally different social media platforms. Whereas some regard it as a welcomed choice to pressure lecturers again to the school rooms, there are additionally issues about lectures not being successfully delivered, contemplating that they’re but to achieve a conclusion with the federal authorities.
Equally, social media customers opined that the tussle between the federal authorities and ASUU, which has been on for over 7 months, ought to proceed in courtroom and never be allowed to disrupt tutorial actions of scholars.
What they’re saying
Some reactions on Twitter are as follows:
@OladepoLawal famous, “On behalf of over 3 million Nigerian college students, I’m pleading that the FG pays ASUU, I can’t have my exams marked by somebody who has not acquired 7months wage o.”
Information continues after this advert
— Paajay (@OladepoLawal) September 21, 2022
@_oluwaseun9 wrote, “Thank God ASUU rejected the courtroom order to renew, e no go humorous if lecturer wey dem by no means pay for 7 months mark your examination.”
Information continues after this advert
Thank God ASUU reject courtroom order to renew, e no go humorous if lecturer wey dem by no means pay for 7 months mark ur examination 😩😭
— SEUN💫🌟 (@_oluwaseun9) September 21, 2022
@ImportedAlhaji mentioned, “ASUU please no resume o. I can’t let one lecturer be venting his anger on me by asking me to resolve Nigeria’s issues throughout examination cos he by no means acquire wage o. Wallahi I’m going fail woefully”
Asuu please no resume o.🙏
I can’t let one lecturer be venting his anger on me by asking me to resolve Nigeria’s issues throughout examination cos he by no means acquire wage o.. Wallahi I’m going fail woefully😹😹
— Imported Alhaji 🦅 (@ImportedAlhaji) September 21, 2022
@isaac__richi famous, “Nigerian college students won’t return to class until FG settle ASUU. no be una go write examination of lecturer wey dem by no means pay 7month wage.”
Nigerian college students won’t return to class until FG settle ASUU.. no be una go write examination of lecturer wey dem by no means pay 7month wage
— d_engineer (@isaac__richi) September 21, 2022
Additionally, the difficulty has attracted opinions from different social media platforms:
- @Jflex07 mentioned, “Is it the courtroom that may pay ASUU members the excellent 7 months’ wage? I’m certain this can be a judgement handed by the commercial courtroom, which I do know will likely be appealed by ASUU..Does a authorities that doesn’t obey courtroom order count on ASUU to obey the identical courtroom order? Time shall inform! ASUU may also resolve to honor the courtroom judgement for 24hrs, then go on strike once more the subsequent day. They will’t be wiser.
- “Do you assume the lecturers will lecture correctly? On a traditional day, these lecturers present a nonchalant angle in direction of the instructing of the scholars, now you’re utilizing the courtroom to pressure them to go to courses. My take is that dialogue continues to be one of the simplest ways of fixing points like this as a result of in the end ASUU will nonetheless go on strike once more, in different phrases, the strike continues.”
- @Ebubu mentioned, “Contempt of courtroom order attracts fines and jail phrases. ASUU shouldn’t copy the federal government in disobeying courtroom orders, it attracts grievous fines. Authorities can solely do it as a result of they’re authorities. It’s like parable of rat and lizard swimming, rat comes out soaked, lizard comes out dry. ASUU will remorse it.”
- @HolyPuss mentioned, “All of us knew it could come to this. Now, ASUU can have no different selection than to renew or be discovered responsible of disobeying courtroom order. On the finish of the day, ASUU will go to their anger on the scholars.”
- @Seunmsg mentioned, “The precise factor is for ASUU to instantly adjust to the judgement of the courtroom whereas nonetheless interesting the ruling. Persevering with with the strike in disobedience to a sound courtroom judgement is unlawful and condemnable. They have to name off the strike instantly in compliance with the judgement within the general curiosity of Nigeria.
- @Budaatum mentioned, “Ordering lecturers to show you whereas they’re sad ensures they’ll train you nonsense, which I feel is not any good for you. However for those who assume forcing me to show you means I’ll, nicely I suppose you’d be pleased with no matter nonsense I train you, since you can not pressure me to show you what’s in my head if I don’t wish to!”
- @Johnycastro mentioned, “The scholars have been at residence for the previous 7months now and have felt the ache brought on by the strike severely.
- “If at this stage the courtroom decides to be lenient to the reason for the coed by ordering for “temporal” suspension of the strike pending when the ultimate case or judgment is delivered, then I feel it’s truthful. ASUU ought to combat with the federal government on the courts, I believed they will nonetheless win the case on the finish. The scholars mustn’t all the time be those to endure of their fights for as soon as at the very least.”